Friday, February 26, 2016

Everything I know

Hi friends, today I wanted to write something different. Going viral on the internet right now are "Dear Sixteen Year Old Self" videos and blog posts. I love these types of ideas because what better way to take advice from someone than someone who has taken the time to really reflect on their life and what they would change or keep the same. Being that I am nearly 16 and not very wise, I thought I would modify it and write about everything I know currently.




1. I do not know very much. Although I would like to say that I am very wise and usually believe I am correct, most of the time I don't know what I am talking about. I love reading and occasionally watching an interesting documentary to try and obtain more knowledge. Even reading a few pages of a new book per night can be satisfying and educational!
2. Not everything is a competition. I've always grown up a competitive person by nature. In my experience, competition is good but it can also take away from the fun of something. Instead of trying to score more goals than your friend to prove yourself, congratulate her and score goals for yourself not for someone else.
3. Water is crucial. It's one of the most important things to survive. Not only will it make your body physically feel better, but from personal experience it even puts me in a better mood. When I don't drink enough water I get a headache and grumpy. I try to drink two bottles of water throughout the day and one right when I wake up as well as right before bed. Adding moisture to your skin is also super important. With dry skin, I put moisturizer on my face twice a day and a heavier one in the winter. 
4. Give people the benefit of the doubt. This is something I always try to do, but sometimes it can be hard.Ever had someone forgets to do their part of the project or does not remember to give you the money they owed you?? It can be stressful and make you feel like the world is going to end. Take a deep breath. Remember that everyone is trying to succeed, just like you! 

5. Less is more, unless its not. Time and time again I keep relearning that sometimes saying less is better. When one of your friends starts gossiping it is easy to get caught up in it and start saying things you may not even feel are true, and end up regretting saying those things later, trust me! However sometimes it's important to have open relationships after all communication is important. My best friend and I have made a pact that we can speak openly without hard feelings, especially when hard topics are really coming from the heart.

Leave a comment down below on some of your favorite tips!
xo
Kara


No comments:

Post a Comment