Friday, June 12, 2015

Lilly Pulitzer DIY Mirror





Since school is finally out for me (hooray!) I was trying to come up with a way to make use of my lilly agenda since I only use it for school and not over the summer. I was trying to think of something useful that needed color, and I found my old over the door mirror that I got at Lowes and was just a plain black color. It ended up so cute and adds the perfect amount of brightness to my closet door!

Displaying IMG_8501.JPG
I forgot to take a before picture but here is one of me with the finished product (the picture is a little blurry, sorry!)

Here's how I made it:

Materials Needed:
-An old lilly agenda
-An over the door mirror
-Mod Podge
- a brush

Start off by cutting the tops of the lilly borders in strips. I only used 7 patterns because I didn't care for the rest. Then create some type of pattern with the strips ahead of time (this is so much more helpful when you actually go to glue it down. I chose to do my strips of patterns in threes so it would look thicker and I could get different aspects of the patterns. Then actually go and Mod Podge it. Mod podge is like a glue and sealer so use it to apply the paper strips and then go over top of it again a few times, it also has to be applied with a brush. (It still somehow ended up all over my hands) I opted for the gloss finish but you can also get matte. I was really careful with not getting Mod Podge on the mirror at first but I then discovered, the glue will come off with nail polish remover.

Displaying IMG_8496.JPG
This is what the papers looked like before I wrapped them around the mirror frame.


I hope y'all liked this DIY idea!
xoxo
Kara

Leave a Comment down below on other Lilly Pulitzer Agenda DIYS y'all have tried out and loved!




No comments:

Post a Comment